Our Commitment to Your Health & Safety
ASM Richmond is committed to the health and safety of our patrons, guests, artists, performers, crew, and staff. We have implemented best practices around cleanliness, sanitation, air filtration, and more throughout our venues. You can learn more about the steps we are taking, including the comprehensive VenueShield program, below.
Additionally, we are working closely with our artists, promoters, and touring companies on their decisions around COVID requirements for patrons. Ultimately, they will decide what they think is right for their fan base and we will implement those requirements on their behalf, possibly including proof of vaccination, a negative COVID test, and face masks.
Please check the show’s event page on the venue website for the latest information and requirements related to the performance you are attending. Please note these policies are subject to change.
VenueShield + GBAC
In Spring of 2021, ASM Global introduced and implemented its comprehensive and highly successful VenueShield program at its venues around the world. Altria Theater was recently awarded the GBAC (Global Biorisk Advisory Council) STAR Facility Accreditation, recognizing the facility for having the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention.
- Face coverings - we strongly encourage all patrons, whether they have been vaccinated or not, to wear masks while they are in the building.
- Personal Health - if you feel sick, have been sick within the last 14 days, or have been exposed to anyone that has tested positive to COVID-19, please stay home.
Staff and Vendors
- Face coverings - required for all staff and vendors while indoors
- Hand Hygiene - staff and vendors are required to wash their hands frequently
- Training - staff and vendors are provided with the latest COVID-19 training and information
- Concessions - All concessions at both theaters will be cashless and will serve individually packaged wine, beer, and soft drinks, as well as candy and boxed popcorn.
- Hand Sanitizer - hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the venue to ensure that patrons and guests can clean their hands as needed
- Cleaning/Sanitizing - enhanced and continuous cleaning and sanitizing of high touch points and public areas throughout the venue
- Air Filtration- enhanced air filtration measures have been put in place throughout the building
- Signage - signage throughout the venue to provide clear direction
We will continue to follow the guidance from local, state, and federal agencies including the Virginia Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Homeland Security, and the Environmental Protection Agency, among others. Please note these policies are subject to change.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our venues, and to providing a safe and enjoyable experience.