Hamilton Ticket Buyers Beware: Broadway In Richmond Seeks To Protect Consumers From Fraudulent Sellers
Sep. 23, 2019
(RICHMOND, VA) – Broadway In Richmond, Jam Theatricals and SMG Richmond will present a 3-week engagement of HAMILTON at Altria Theater, November 17 through December 8, 2019. Tickets for this engagement of HAMILTON are not yet on sale, however there are numerous third-party sellers advertising tickets they do not actually have, at highly inflated prices, right now. Broadway In Richmond encourages patrons to be diligent and exercise safe ticket-buying practices.
Tickets for the Richmond engagement of HAMILTON will go on sale on Friday, September 27. BroadwayInRichmond.com, Altria Theater Box Office and ETIX are the ONLY official and authorized primary sellers of HAMILTON tickets. When tickets go on sale, prices will range from $75 to $149 with a select number of $249 premium seats available for all performances.
If you see tickets for hundreds or thousands of dollars, you are probably buying from a third-party ticket broker and there is no guarantee these tickets are genuine. Though it is legal to re-sell tickets in the state of Virginia, tickets purchased from other sources may be more expensive, invalid, speculative or ineligible for assistance. Broadway In Richmond encourages patrons to thoroughly assess the source before making a ticket purchase. Beware of buying from secondary sites and third-party sellers, which includes bogus Facebook event pages.
To be assured that online tickets for HAMILTON are valid, and that the price paid is the face-value price, purchases must be made through our exclusive ticketing partner, ETIX. Broadway In Richmond and Altria Theater are not affiliated with and does not cooperate with any resellers and cannot confirm the validity or stand behind tickets purchased from broker/resale sites.
When in doubt about where to purchase tickets, check with Altria Theater Box Office first, either in person at the corner of Main and Laurel streets or by calling (804) 592-3384 as representatives are always happy to assist and point patrons in the right direction. Broadway In Richmond’s official website is also a great resource for information at www.BroadwayInRichmond.com. Remember, it is always safest to buy from the official source.
Safe Ticket Buying Tips for HAMILTON in Richmond:
- Use www.BroadwayInRichmond.com to purchase tickets which will automatically link purchasers to our exclusive and official ticket partner, ETIX or visit the Altria Theater Box Office in person.
- Avoid unofficial venue/ticket/show sites with ticket links. Don’t be fooled by secondary sites that imply affiliation with Broadway In Richmond or Altria Theater by using photos of the venue and images or information about upcoming shows.
- Make note that the official website for Broadway In Richmond is www.BroadwayInRichmond.com and that Altria Theater’s official website is www.AltriaTheater.com. You will find current and accurate information at both of these sites.
- If the tickets are not on sale yet via the venue, beware! How could anyone have tickets to sell to you?
- Check that the show/date/venue you are being offered is actually scheduled.
- Check the official seating map of the venue at www.BroadwayInRichmond.com or www.AltriaTheater.com to be sure seating locations actually exist.
- If you hear a show is “sold-out”, first check with the venue to confirm that is the case.
- You shouldn’t pay more than face-value, but re-sale is legal. Research to see if you’re paying too much.
- If you are scammed, report it! Broadway In Richmond can’t always fix the problem but wants to try to help prevent it. Please call the Broadway In Richmond subscription hotline at (804) 592-3401 or the Altria Theater Box Office at (804) 592-3384 to report issues.
- If you see an offer that seems too good to be true, it probably is. There are plenty of bogus sites.
- If you purchase tickets, don’t post photos of them online, as it is possible to copy a photo to re-sell.